What are your hours?
Our team is available by phone and email Monday through Friday 8am–5:30pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am–2pm. If we are temporarily unavailable, please leave a message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I contact you?
What are your minimums?
There is no minimum for Pickup. There is a $200 food minimum for Delivery & Setup and a 30-guest minimum for Full Service Events.
How far in advance do I need to place my order?
- You must place your order 48 hours ahead of time, though earlier is always better, as our Delivery & Setup schedule often books up a week or two weeks in advance, especially around the holidays and the month of May (because of graduations). Please call as soon as possible to book your date; your menu can be finalized later.
- Orders for the weekend or Mondays must be confirmed by noon on Friday.
What information will you need from me?
- Let us know if you prefer to pick up your order at our Oakland or Berkeley location, or if you prefer that we deliver to your home or office.
- For Delivery & Setup, we will ask you details about your location and we’ll need an on-site contact name and phone number.
- We’ll need to know how many guests you expect, the time of your event and any food ideas you have—we’ll be happy to guide you through our menus.
- Let us know if you would like service staff at your party. For Full Service Events, we will connect you to our Event Coordinator.
- We require your credit card information when you place your order.
How do I pay for my order?
Most orders require a credit card in advance. Businesses and larger organizations may apply for Net 15 terms.
How do I know my order is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation email from Market Hall Caterers. Please read it carefully and return a signed copy via email.
What if I need to increase my order 2 days before the event?
We are flexible. We will accommodate any last-minute increases. Together, we’ll review which menu items we can increase count on, and recommend other items to supplement those that we can’t. Depending on the menu item, we are usually able to increase orders within 24 hours of the event date (Friday by noon for weekend and Monday events).
What is your cancellation policy?
For weekday orders, you may cancel your order up to 10am the day before. For weekend or Monday orders, you may cancel your order up to 10am on the Friday before. For Pickup and Delivery & Setup orders, we charge 50% of the total charge for any cancellation after 10am. Full Service Events require a 30% non-refundable deposit when the event is finalized, usually a month before the event.
Where do I pick up my order?
You may pick up your order from either Market Hall Foods location, in Oakland or Berkeley. At our Oakland location, look for the "Pickup" sign above the far counter near the sandwich fridge, right before the wine shop. At our Berkeley location, ask any staff member for assistance.