What makes Market Hall Caterers food special?
- Our food is honest, heartfelt and handcrafted. We are passionate about sourcing, making and serving the very best food possible.
- We begin with wholesome ingredients—like sustainable seafood, conscientiously raised local meats and the freshest fruits and vegetables available.
- We make everything in-house daily—from smoking our own seafood and crafting our own charcuterie and award-winning pâté to making all of our own desserts, cakes and pastries.
- We offer a wide selection of tried-and-tested menus representing an array of cuisines.
- As part of Market Hall Foods, we offer access to a practically limitless array of the world's best specialty products.
Where do you source your ingredients?
We are passionate about provenance. All of our meat and seafood is GMO-free and from humane sources—like Mary’s Free Range Air-Chilled Chicken, grass-fed beef from Storm Hill Beef Cooperative, Beeler’s Pure Pork ham and bacon, Diestel Turkey Farms turkey, PureFish salmon from the northwest Isles of Scotland and wild-caught Gulf Shrimp. We use only local, cage-free eggs. We're in the produce market every morning at 4am to find the freshest fruits and vegetables available. Our yogurt is organic from Straus Family Creamery and Wallaby, our tofu from Hodo Soy Beanery, and our cheeses are thoughtfully sourced by our award-winning cheesemongers. The olive oil we use is exclusively extra virgin olive oil. We serve locally ground, organic coffee from Oakland Coffee.
Can you accommodate special dietary or allergic needs?
Absolutely! We can offer menus for gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegetarian, and more. We will be happy to guide you through our menus and suggest variations to accommodate your dietary needs. We also offer many light menus, menus featuring whole grains, and lighter Mediterranean and Asian dishes. (We do not operate a gluten-free or a nut-fee kitchen, so we cannot guarantee there will not be cross-contamination.)
Do you offer Eat Well Berkeley menu items?
Can you provide a list of ingredients for the menu items I choose?
Yes, a list of ingredients for every menu item is available upon request. Please ask one of our Catering Specialists.
Can you provide heating instructions for the menu items I choose?
Yes, heating instructions (if applicable) are available upon request for every menu item. Please ask one of our Catering Specialists.
How is your food presented?
- For Pickup or Delivery & Setup, our food is presented on compostable, ivory-colored serveware (platters and bowls), and on wicker baskets and bamboo trays, with recyclable serving utensils.
- For Full Service Events, we offer an option for presentation on ceramic tableware.
What types of beverages do you provide?
Please see our Beverages menu, featuring a delicious selection of fresh, housemade iced teas, lemonades, infused waters and aguas frescas. We can also provide additional specialty beverages—just give us a call to discuss options.
Is your food served room temperature or hot?
Most of our menu items are designed to be served at room temperature. We can provide disposable chafing dishes for those items that should be served hot.
I love Mexican food—what can you do for me?
We love Mexican food too! Let us deliver a full taco bar to your next office meeting—our award-winning sister company, Cactus Taqueria, specializes in fresh, mouthwatering flavors from Mexico. In addition, we offer a wide range of Latin-inspired menus for your next event.
Do you have a gift basket program?
Yes, we offer Market Hall Foods Gift Baskets and Boxes to suit every taste and occasion: for customers, clients, guests, friends and family. Choose from tempting snack boxes for the office to Mariage Frères gift sets for the avid tea drinker to our bestselling Taste of Market Hall gift basket—or dream up your own custom gift to suit your needs. Call us to discuss options. We’ll help you find just the thing!
Do you offer a kiddush dairy menu?